Name: Sarah Thomas
Title: 8th Grade English Language Arts and Tech Teacher, Tech liaison, Founder of EduMatch
What They Do: Teaches English as well as tech teacher. Also has own project, EduMatch
Originally From: Alexandria, VA
College: Howard Unversity(undergrad and grad), George Mason University (Doctoral)
Field of Study: Radio, television, film; with a minor in French (undergrad), intercultural communication (grad)
Listen in to the interview:
A Few Notes From the Show:
Moonshot thinking. What would you do if you weren’t afraid to fail. Whatever that is, just do it.
- You want to Tweet this:
- EduMatch founded as a community for teachers
- Didn’t start in teaching
- Came through alternative certification
- Nothing in undergrad degree had to do with teaching.
- Wake up in the morning and get to do what she loves.
- Teaches at a French immersion school
- Talks about veering from law school to teaching
- Moonshot thinking. What would you do if you weren’t afraid to fail. Whatever that is, just do it.
- If you stand to gain more than you could lose, just try it
- Don’t be afraid to connect with other people, even as an introvert
- Books recommended: Drive by Daniel Pink, The 30 Goals Challenge For Teachers by Shelly Sanchez Terrell
- Teachers you want to check out, “The 30 Goals Challenge for teachers” by Shelly Sanchez Terrell
Love the show? Subscribe and leave us a rating and review on itunes by hitting this LINK
Ways to subscribe to the No More Reasonable Doubt podcast: