Name: Nate Nichols
Contact: @TealOrbit, @TheNichols
Company: Teal Orbit & p//g
What They Do: Digital Marketing
Originally From: Norwalk, CT. Heritage is Jamaican
College: The Art Institute of Philadelphia
Field of Study: Graphic Design
Listen in to the interview:
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/222918245″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Or Watch the Blab Video Replay
A Few Notes From the Show:
- He just bought 100% of the company the day before our interview.
- Gets to choose the position he wants.
- He brought the digital marketing experience to the company.
- Was doing graphic design since he was 16 and web design when he was 19.
- Learned how to manage relationships and how to streamline that process.
- Self taught Graphic Design in high school.
- Used Gimp back in the day.
- Started by designing things that he saw.
- His brother wanted to build a computer which gave him access to the web.
- Connect with the community you need to be around and with the people you aspire to be like.
- Spoke about One Month as a place to find a community and learn different skills.
- There are times you have to “boss up” and there are times when you have to be humble.
Love the show? Subscribe and get updates, podcast updates and articles designed to empower young professionals, just like you, sent directly to your inbox. SUBSCRIBE NOW
COMMUNITY: Tired of going at this alone? Your network can help you navigate and move much quicker in your career. We invite you to join the NMRD Community if you are ready to give as much as you are ready to receive.
Ways to subscribe to the No More Reasonable Doubt podcast:
Click here to subscribe via iTunes.
Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed).
You can also subscribe via Stitcher, SoundCloud.