Name: Katina Grays
Title: Managing Director | Data & Operations
Contact: @KatinaGrays | Linkedin | KatinaGrays@Gmail.com
Company: KIPP NYC
What They Do: oversees data for KIPP NYC schools. Test scores, clients, etc. Managing building and making sure what is happening for the students are efficient.
Originally From: The Washington, D.C. area.
College: Law School at Cornell, Business School at Michigan
Field of Study: communications, political science / gender studies
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
Listen in to the interview:
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/228646656″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
A Few Notes From the Show:
- KIPP NYC is part of a national network of charter schools.
- Proud first generation college graduate in her family.
- Talks about taking 1 year of absence from college because her dad was sick. Thought it was going to be 1 year but ended up being 4 years before went back to college.
- While at Law School learned about corporate law. Didn’t know it existed.
- Talking about her summers foreshadowing what her career would be. Spent half her time doing
- I needed work with more meaning if I’m going to be fulfilled.
- Went to Habitat For Humanity as a lawyer and came out in Operations.
- We talk about the Broad Fellowship.
- Can change careers as long as it aligns with where you want to go at that time.
- Good discussion about what public education is for.
- Be open to what others around you are helping you to see.
- Talk to people.
- Where you are today is not determinative of where you will go.
- You determine your own path.
- You get to choose your own path. You don’t always know what you want, but you get to choose.
- She can’t be happy in a job that doesn’t have meaning.
Love the show? Subscribe and get updates, podcast updates and articles designed to empower young professionals, just like you, sent directly to your inbox. SUBSCRIBE NOW
Ways to subscribe to the No More Reasonable Doubt podcast:
Click here to subscribe via iTunes.
Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed).
You can also subscribe via Stitcher, SoundCloud.