Name: Trudy Bourgeois
Company: The Center For Workforce Excellence
What They Do: Leadership development company. Focused on women and people of color
Originally From: Mobile, AL
College: Loyola University
Field of Study: Business
- Her Corner Office by Trudy Bourgeois
- The Power of the Spoken Word by Florence Scovel Shinn
Listen to the interview:
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/230126682″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
A Few Notes From the Show:
- She is a subject matter expert on unleashing talent.
- Not enough to be committed to success. You have to build models and muscles.
- All about making people around her better.
- Whatever you learn, teach someone.
- Business is all about relationships.
- Relationships are about how things get done.
- Should be hanging with people who are doing 10 x the amount of what we are doing.
- Her 5,5,5 theory: 5 people inside of your org. If the org was in trouble, these 5 people would take their equity to make something happen for you; 5 people externally who are in mover / shaker positions that know you and know your value and are willing to open doors for you. 5 people internationally.
- Build capabilities. If you don’t know your value you can’t go very far.
- Don’t be afraid to fail.
- Get really good at something and a brand reputation.
- Have a personal branding strategy. People are drawn and attracted to successful people.
- know what you want.
- Everyday look for the small opportunity to uplift someone.
- You can unleash talent in the next person you meet. Can do it every single day.
- Are you expecting something good to happen today?
- Dream big and don’t let anyone steal your dreams.
- Enjoy the journey.
Love the show? Subscribe and get updates, podcast updates and articles designed to empower young professionals, just like you, sent directly to your inbox. SUBSCRIBE NOW
Ways to subscribe to the No More Reasonable Doubt podcast:
Click here to subscribe via iTunes.
Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed).
You can also subscribe via Stitcher, SoundCloud.